Monday 7 July 2014

Creepy City Centre

In most big cities, when you're in the centre, you know you're in the centre, it has that city-centre-ish feel, but in Kiev you never know what you will find walking around the main streets! For example:


It doesn't look like it much, but this abandoned old house is just 2 minutes away from the ill-famous Maidan (the city and revolution centre!). 
I don't know for sure, but I got a feeling that this was quite a fancy house before. Right now it's occupied by homeless people and drug dealers...
If you look closely at the photo, you will see that the second floor is occupied by people who collect plastic bags.
I got a creepy story related to that place. One time, when I was walking by with my sister, we heard a painful dog cry. The dog was so loud that we had to break into that house and set it free! After multiple failures (trying to climb the fence, wall and the nearby tree), we decided to try to go inside the house. When we finally found the main entrance, we were very disappointed with our discovery. Apparently the owner of the house was sued for financial fraud years ago, and the place turned into a dump... the doors were locked and haven't been reopened since. I honestly don't know how did the people in there get in, but we sure didn't know how to.
I hope that that dog is ok, because the people who live nearby said that they heard it cry before. I think calling the pet-saving people is the best idea at the moment.
well, enough about sad dog stories! My point is that Kiev is unexpected in every single way, walking around you might find anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment